Beat The Temptation!
Temptations abound at parties, but family get-togethers and celebrations don't have to mean overindulgence. Follow these 11 tips to stay on track at your Chanuka parties this week.
1. Never go to a party hungry. Eat some wholesome healthy satiating food before you go, either at home or on the way there. Cut up vegs and raw nuts, a hearty soup in a hot cup, or a green smoothie are great ‘on the go’ options. It will be easier to make proper choices if you walk in centered and not starving.
2. Fill your plate with the good stuff! Choose lots of raw and cooked vegetables, fresh salads, and delicious fruit to reduce the overall calorie consumption.
3. Sip regular or sparkling flavored water or a hot tea when available. This will help fill you up and allows your brain and body to think it’s still part of the action.
4. Use a smaller plate or commit to just one round of food.
5. Wait 10 minutes before you go back to the buffet for more. It’s perfectly normal to think you’re hungry when your stomach is actually full. Give your stomach and brain a few minutes to catch up, so you don’t inadvertently overeat. It may help to leave the food area so you aren’t immediately tempted to eat again.
6. Be choosy, and stick to proper serving sizes. If it’s something a little heavier, start with ½ a portion. You can always come back. Take only those foods you really like, and don't overload on them.
7. Check it out. Survey the dessert spread or any other indulgent foods before you fill your plate. Confronted by so many rich and calorie dense choices, you might be pulled to begin piling up your plate with whatever looks good. Stop and take a deep breath. Then take a bit of the 1 or 2 things that really seem worth it.
8. Bring something to share when appropriate. If you offer something healthy, like a large salad, vegetables with hummus, or a fruit platter, you know there's at least one option for you at the party. Take small helpings of the other dishes and load up on your healthier one.
9. Don’t be afraid to say no. Gracious hosts may encourage you to eat more. Thank them for their generosity, but don’t feel like you need to eat out of obligation.
10. Enjoy the experience. Sit down, be mindful and present, and eat slowly.
11. Make this about the people and the event. This is the time to renew, strengthen, and/or create new relationships. Socialize and enjoy!
LET YOU, NOT YOUR CRAVINGS, BE IN CHARGE OF YOUR FOOD CHOICES AND BS"D, YOUR HEALTH!
Contact me at email@example.com or 973-803-8698 to learn how to easily incorporate more healthy choices into your life to reach your health and weight loss goals.
Never miss another post! Click HERE to join my FREE Healthy. Fit. Free. 2! WhatsApp group for nutrition and weight loss tips and inspiration and HERE to subscribe to my Email list to get our newsletter that pulls it all together plus more!